With Clearstream, you can send out mass texts that turn into one-on-one conversations, and easily continue those conversations with our native iOS and Android apps.
Texting is a non-invasive and impactful way to follow-up with first-time guests, invite them back to church the following week, and encourage deeper connections with other members.
Keywords are words tied to your account that people can text into to subscribe to a list and receive automated messages. You can also use Keywords for first-time guests to fill out a digital connect card or segment groups of people into specific Lists.
Easily Text Your Planning Center People Lists
- You’re only a few clicks away from texting your People. Choose the List you want to text, sync the Lists into Clearstream, create a message, click send. It’s that easy!
- Synced Lists update every 24-hours ensuring they’re always accurate.
- Send a text to your entire List or just one person. Not ready to send it? No worries. You can schedule the text to send at a later date and time.
Automatically Create New People Profiles In Planning Center
- Use our built-in digital connect card to capture guest information when texting into a Keyword on a Sunday morning.
- Automatically send guest information to your Planning Center account to create a new Person in Planning Center People.
- No need to worry about duplicates. Clearstream will automatically identify if the Subscriber already exists in Planning Center and merge with the existing profile.
Automatically Add Guests To Your Planning Center Workflow
- Easily add guests to your Planning Center Workflows after they text in a Keyword and fill out a digital connect card.
- Check the box within Clearstream’s Keyword Workflow and your new guests will be automatically added to a Workflow inside of Planning Center People.
Support Done Right
- Support isn’t just something we offer, but consider part of the product we provide. See for yourself – read our customer reviews or check out the Wall of Love.
- Regardless of your church size, you’ll get access to helpful guides, video tutorials, and regular live webinars to help you succeed with Clearstream.
- Need help with your account? Get feedback in real-time by reaching out to us in live chat or scheduling a call.
Ministries & Campuses
- Subaccounts allow you to easily create and manage separate secondary accounts within one Clearstream plan. Switch back-and-forth between accounts without the inconvenience of logging in and out.
- Each Subaccount can have its own Planning Center integration so that different ministries or campuses can sync their own Lists into Clearstream.
- Distribute a specific amount of Message Credits, Keywords, and User access to each Subaccount.
- All of this and more on one monthly plan.
Which Lists can I sync into Clearstream?
Any Lists you have access to in Planning Center. As long as the Lists are visible to you in Planning Center, you’ll be able to sync them into Clearstream to text them.
Will the "Push to Planning Center" step in Clearstream Keyword Workflows create a duplicate Person in Planning Center People?
Once a Clearstream Subscriber is linked with a Planning Center Person, we won't create another profile. If someone who has already been synced from Planning Center fills out your Collect Name & Email Form, they won’t be created as a new Person in Clearstream.
If someone opts-out of Clearstream, will they be synced back in when the Planning Center integration runs again?
No. We automatically scrub opt-outs and they will not be added back into Clearstream unless they opt back in through a Keyword or Signup Form.
Will people be removed from my List in Planning Center if they opt out in Clearstream?
No. They will be removed from the List in Clearstream, but they will stay in the List in Planning Center. This means that your synced List in Clearstream may be smaller than the List in your Planning Center account.
Do I have to wait for Clearstream to automatically sync with my Planning Center Lists or can I sync them manually?
No need to wait! Use the "Run Sync Now" button in Clearstream to update your Lists immediately.
If a Person in Planning Center has multiple phone numbers listed, which number will sync into Clearstream?
You'll want to sync in mobile numbers, so here’s how we prioritize which phone number field to pull from: (1. Mobile field (2. Home field (3. Work field. Even if the Home or Work field is marked primary, we’ll still pull from the Mobile field first. If someone has multiple mobile numbers listed, we’ll pull the first one listed unless one is marked primary in which case we’ll pull the primary number. If the number is listed under Fax, Pager, Skype, or Other it will not be synced into Clearstream.
What happens if I change a Subscriber's name in Clearstream who is synced from Planning Center?
When Planning Center syncs with Clearstream each night it will change all names to how they are listed in Planning Center. We treat Planning Center as the ultimate source of truth for your data, so if you want to change the name or number of a Planning Center contact, you will have to make that change in Planning Center rather than in Clearstream.
If someone texts in but doesn’t fill out the form, can they still be pushed into Planning Center?
Planning Center requires a first name and last name to create a new People profile, so if that information isn’t given, the contact won’t be pushed into Planning Center.
If John Doe and Jane Doe share the same mobile number in Planning Center, will both contacts be synced into Clearstream?
No. Each Clearstream Subscriber must have a unique phone number. If two Planning Center People have the same phone number listed, we will only sync one of the contacts into Clearstream.
How did we do things without Clearstream?!? The four things I've appreciated most are 1) ease of use, 2) excellent mobile app, 3) Planning Center integration, and 4) the incredible customer service!