- Written By: Lizzie Reese
- Posted: Oct 7th 2020
Something about autumn brings a refreshing draw back to the basics. One of our core values at Clearstream is to be precise in all we do. This precision looks like consistently fixing bugs and pushing updates to keep our platform as reliable as possible. Precision also includes ensuring clarity in our communication so that Clearstream is easy and simple to use. While working on larger updates to come, we’re always assessing the lesser-noticed fixes and changes to be made, like the workflows, webhooks, notifications, and integrations noted below.
- Notifications – You’ve always been able to enable email notifications for Incoming Texts and Opt-Ins, but now you have 3 additional notification options:
- Message Failure: Receive an email anytime a message fails to send. Typically this happens if you schedule a message, but run out of credits by the time it is scheduled to send.
- Keyword Use: Receive an email anytime someone uses a Keyword, letting you know who texted in and when. Previously, you would only receive email notifications if someone was opting-in using a Keyword. Now, you can receive an email each time a Keyword is used, even if that person is already opted in to your account.
- Opt-out: Receive an email each time someone opts-out of your account. Hopefully, this can help you see which types of messages people are wanting to receive.
- Webhooks – If you use Webhooks, you’ll notice we’ve redesigned them in Settings to include a detailed log of webhook attempts and the ability to pause webhooks.
- Workflows – We’ve slightly changed the layout of Keyword Workflows. Now, when you select “Add Step”, a pop-up will appear with all options: Send Text, Collect Name & Email, and Push to Planning Center. Keep your eyes peeled, because this is a small part of a much larger update coming soon. 👀
- Emails – We’ve made some updates to our notification emails! This likely won’t impact your daily use of Clearstream too much, but you’ll starting see better-looking notification emails with more helpful data. We’ve also made some changes to improve deliverability.
- Rock Integration – A few months ago, we launched a new integration with Rock RMS. It’s been great to meet new friends and make their experience using both platforms more seamless. For a short time this month, our Rock integration was not pulling and syncing Communication Lists. That said, this issue has been fully resolved.
If you talked to our team during the week of September 14th, there’s a good chance this is what the other end of the conversation looked like. Hurricane Sally hit our office in Pensacola, FL, shutting down power and WiFi across our entire city. We jumped in our cars, found pockets of cell service, and hopped online wherever we could. From using hotspots on our phones, to working in the driveway (like Jimmy, our Customer Success Manager, is doing here), to charging computers using a cigarette lighter, this was a challenging but adventurous week for us.
We’re looking for a UX/UI and graphic designer to join our team in Pensacola, FL. If you or someone you know have experience and would be a great fit for this position, apply here. We may be biased, but Clearstream is full of pretty cool people and Pensacola is a wonderful place to live (hurricanes and all). You can learn about Clearstream as a company and team here.
Union Chapel Ministries – Muncie, IN
In the last two months we have seen 193 First Time Guests, and the seamless texting follow up process we are able to implement through Clearstream has increased retention, built deeper connection, and allowed us to better minister to those God has entrusted to us! We are thankful to partner with Clearstream, and look forward to serving many more families in our community through this valuable resource!” – Jeff H.
Ready to learn more?
If you’re seeking new ways to implement texting in your church, we have plenty of articles and videos to guide you. For example, we have a whole whiteboard series dedicated to Texting Laws & Guidelines where we walk through everything from “when to use your Longcode” to “how often you should text your congregation”. Check out this video for answers to some of our most commonly asked questions, such as “what is a shortcode, and when would I use it?”
Videos and articles are great, but sometimes, you just want to talk directly to a person. If you ever have questions about how to use Clearstream for a specific ministry goal, or just would like a more interactive conversation, you are more than welcome to reach out to our customer success team through live chat. 🙂
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about our software and our team. We are so glad you’re apart of Clearstream.
Lizzie, Writer/Customer Success